Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Secondary click (right click with two fingers) suddenly super stiff on MacBook Pro 2018?

I'm suddenly having issues clicking on my trackpad with two fingers at the same time. It works, but it's... very stiff. I have to press the trackpad extremely hard to be able to click with two fingers. Clicking with one finger has no issue, it's super smooth.

It seems really strange why clicking with two fingers feels different than with one finger, almost like it makes no sens. But it's night and day, it's kinda crazy.

Anybody has an idea of what's happening? Maybe I should take it to the Apple Store?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2019 4:19 PM

Ok, so I've found the solution, in case someone stumbles on this.

My computer came back from sleep and suddenly the trackpad was working correctly again. It had been malfunctioning all day. Seemed weird, but ok. Later on, came back from sleep again, stopped working correctly. I played around in trackpad preferences and disabled secondary clicking. Now I couldn't right click, but the feeling was now correct. If I reactivated secondary clicking, it started malfunctioning.

I rebooted the computer and now it's all fine. Back to normal behavior.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2019 4:19 PM in response to brunocloutier

Ok, so I've found the solution, in case someone stumbles on this.

My computer came back from sleep and suddenly the trackpad was working correctly again. It had been malfunctioning all day. Seemed weird, but ok. Later on, came back from sleep again, stopped working correctly. I played around in trackpad preferences and disabled secondary clicking. Now I couldn't right click, but the feeling was now correct. If I reactivated secondary clicking, it started malfunctioning.

I rebooted the computer and now it's all fine. Back to normal behavior.

Secondary click (right click with two fingers) suddenly super stiff on MacBook Pro 2018?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.