Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a completely defective Macbook pro. New problem creeps in every month.

I have replaced half of my laptop's parts in the last 7 months. What should I do? I have receipts for every service done. It stays in the service centre most of the time.

This is the list of items replaced under warranty

1. Keyboard + Trackpad + Battery (all three comes as a single piece - thats what I was told)
  2. Right speaker

And today I got a line of DEAD PIXELS on my screen. Recently I read an article about faulty SSDs in the same model of Macbook pro and I have to get it replaced under warranty now.

How can a product be this full of problems?

Could not contact anyone through the internet. I have to contact the support which is of no use.

Model: Macbook Pro 13inch (no touchbar)

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 8:08 AM

There is no name or address that you can contact online. If you wish to write a letter, you will need to send it via regular mail to Apple corporate (or, check your region for an Apple corporate office):

So, Apple is repairing/replacing parts in yours? You obviously are suffering from bad luck; I had a Macbook a long time ago which needed more and more repairs. Apple will keep repairing (while under warranty) - if it continues, you can try to request a new replacement. Apple has procedures in place, but, as another user, we do not know what they are.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 8:08 AM in response to jagansv

There is no name or address that you can contact online. If you wish to write a letter, you will need to send it via regular mail to Apple corporate (or, check your region for an Apple corporate office):

So, Apple is repairing/replacing parts in yours? You obviously are suffering from bad luck; I had a Macbook a long time ago which needed more and more repairs. Apple will keep repairing (while under warranty) - if it continues, you can try to request a new replacement. Apple has procedures in place, but, as another user, we do not know what they are.

Feb 26, 2019 3:29 AM in response to babowa

Mine is a 2017 13inch Macbook pro. I have tried contacting the support and they ask me to take the product to an authorised service centre (becoz they are only for clearing doubts regarding the laptop). I said I could not contact anyone through the internet because I want to send a detailed report of all the problems I have faced in the product to someone who listens and wants to solve the problem rather than the useless reply the support centres give me.

The issues I face are all hardware related and everytime I take it to a service centre, a new part is replaced which leads to extensive waiting periods. Even today my laptop is in the service centre for screen replacement. So I can add that to all the parts replaced which is listed above.

I got a completely defective Macbook pro. New problem creeps in every month.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.