Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notifications

Something new-Notifications column opens on left side of screen. Annoying. How can I get it to open on right side of screen?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 25, 2019 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 12:24 PM

Hello Donjay!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, notifications on your Mac are showing up on the left side of the screen, instead of the right side.

Try testing for the issue in a new user account to see if it persists. This article explains how to do this: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If the issue continues to persist even a new user account, you may need to reinstall macOS. Follow the steps in this article called How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Kindest Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 12:24 PM in response to Donjay

Hello Donjay!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

If I'm understanding your post correctly, notifications on your Mac are showing up on the left side of the screen, instead of the right side.

Try testing for the issue in a new user account to see if it persists. This article explains how to do this: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If the issue continues to persist even a new user account, you may need to reinstall macOS. Follow the steps in this article called How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery

Kindest Regards.

Feb 26, 2019 2:39 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Joseph S. Thanks for your reply and suggestion for fixing my "Notifications" opening on the left side of my screen. After I asked the question of the community I noticed I had two accounts on my iMac so, in desperation, I opened the second account and. Voila!, "Notifications" opened on the right side where it's supposed to.

I inadvertently stumbled on the fix you recommended.

notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.