Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Upgrade problems

Hi I have a 2013 27" iMac with Yosemite OS, but it will not upgrade to the new OS. it seems to be a problem with the 2 way authentication. My other machines have upgraded no problem (not so old)

I click on the download via the App Store and it asks for my email and password, once entered there is a warning in red that I need to authorise via the 2 way authentication, the code gets sent to my mobile phone but the pop up screen doesn't appear on the iMac so I cannot continue.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 3:46 AM

After entering the password and clicking sign-in, the red text is telling you to add the 6 digit code to the end of the password.

e.g. if your password is asdf1234 and you get the code 121212, you would click into the password field and put the code on the end, so it would look like this: asdf1234121212, then click "sign in" again.

This is outlined in the article Two-factor authentication for Apple ID under the sub heading "What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?"

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 3:46 AM in response to Twistedguts

After entering the password and clicking sign-in, the red text is telling you to add the 6 digit code to the end of the password.

e.g. if your password is asdf1234 and you get the code 121212, you would click into the password field and put the code on the end, so it would look like this: asdf1234121212, then click "sign in" again.

This is outlined in the article Two-factor authentication for Apple ID under the sub heading "What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?"

Yosemite Upgrade problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.