Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I manage apps like before in iTunes?

I want to add an app I have on my computer that I removed from the phone but the apps listing is no longer a choice in iTunes. How do I add an app back in ??

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2019 6:17 PM

Apps are no longer managed via iTunes on a computer since the 12.7 release of iTunes, but if the app is already on your computer, see the following from Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support

If you have media on your computer that you can't redownload from the App Store or iTunes Store directly on your iOS device, such as custom ringtones or iOS apps, you can drag and drop the media from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. On your computer, find the item you want to add to your device. If you're looking for Apps, Tones, or Books (for Windows) that previously appeared in your iTunes library, you can find them in your iTunes media folder.
  4. Select the item that you want to add to your device and copy it. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)
  5. Return to iTunes and go to the Library tab of Music.
  6. Click on your device in the left sidebar, then click the name of the item that you're adding. For example, click Tones if you're adding a ringtone.
  7. Paste your item. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2019 6:17 PM in response to rayman442

Apps are no longer managed via iTunes on a computer since the 12.7 release of iTunes, but if the app is already on your computer, see the following from Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support

If you have media on your computer that you can't redownload from the App Store or iTunes Store directly on your iOS device, such as custom ringtones or iOS apps, you can drag and drop the media from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes.

1. Connect your device to your computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  3. On your computer, find the item you want to add to your device. If you're looking for Apps, Tones, or Books (for Windows) that previously appeared in your iTunes library, you can find them in your iTunes media folder.
  4. Select the item that you want to add to your device and copy it. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)
  5. Return to iTunes and go to the Library tab of Music.
  6. Click on your device in the left sidebar, then click the name of the item that you're adding. For example, click Tones if you're adding a ringtone.
  7. Paste your item. (You can use a keyboard shortcut.)

how do I manage apps like before in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.