Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover your contacts

I want to recover all my contacts from my old iPhone to my new one and it won’t let me

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 7:38 PM

Hi  tekeya2019,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you aren't seeing your Contacts on your new iPhone.

If those Contacts were being synced to iCloud, you should be able to retrieve them by using the same Apple ID in Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Check out: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders.

You can also check to see if iCloud.com has these Contacts, as well.

If you were syncing to iTunes, you will find your Contacts there: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer.

You also could have been syncing Contacts with a third-party email. You can see if that is switched on in Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Accounts > [Your Email].

I hope that helps.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2019 7:38 PM in response to tekeya2019

Hi  tekeya2019,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you aren't seeing your Contacts on your new iPhone.

If those Contacts were being synced to iCloud, you should be able to retrieve them by using the same Apple ID in Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Check out: Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders.

You can also check to see if iCloud.com has these Contacts, as well.

If you were syncing to iTunes, you will find your Contacts there: Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer.

You also could have been syncing Contacts with a third-party email. You can see if that is switched on in Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Accounts > [Your Email].

I hope that helps.

Have a great day!

How to recover your contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.