Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad issue.

Hello the. I have an old laptop and my trackpad stopped to work. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2019 6:42 AM

Hello there. Hard to say what could be the problem. Maybe hardware issue, maybe software problem. First of all I would recommend you to check if there is some firmware or security updates in the App Store. If yes - install them. If no - you may try to reset SMC to fix the problem. Here is an article how to do that - MacBook Air SMC and PRAM reset - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2019 6:42 AM in response to Benedix123

Hello there. Hard to say what could be the problem. Maybe hardware issue, maybe software problem. First of all I would recommend you to check if there is some firmware or security updates in the App Store. If yes - install them. If no - you may try to reset SMC to fix the problem. Here is an article how to do that - MacBook Air SMC and PRAM reset - Apple Community

Trackpad issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.