Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download from Apple Music

Hello Everyone,

Ever since I upgraded my OS from 11 to 12, I have been unable to download a number of songs in Apple Music. Also, Album Arts don’t show when I try to download these songs. Until I turn off iCloud music, switch off, switch on and turn iCloud music library back on, I can’t download songs. Of which, after downloading like 30 songs, the problem returns.

I need a lasting solution to this very irritating problem. Please help. Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 6:55 AM

Hello!

Maybe it could help other pple, I've reached apple support last week for the exact same problem and it seems to be fixed now(for good?). I was asked to do a full reset of the phone, then restore it from the cloud, and now it works fine so far!

Hope it helps!

8 replies

Mar 5, 2019 6:27 AM in response to damolaonabanjo

Hello!

What I did is: go to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

Before that, be sure you save on the cloud your device, cause the guy asked me to restore the phone from there (dunno if it's relevant tbh). To save your device, you should go in Settings, then tap the apple ID, icloud, itunes etc menu, then find your device down there and you should be able to save it now.

I hope it fixes your problem, I know how annoying it is!

Unable to download from Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.