Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not accepting my Apple ID password on Mac

I have a MacBook Pro with a macOS Mojare

(version 10.14.3) operating system. I am having trouble with my Apple ID

password. This appears just to have started by itself when access to icloud and

messages stopped work. It suggested for me to log out of my Apple account and

log back in. After resetting my password a number of times which didn’t work, I

logged out of my Apple account on my Mac but am still logged in on my iPhone. I

attempted to log in on my Mac, again, several times, each time with the correct

password, but it won't log in. I changed the password and rebooted it a few

times thinking that may help, however, this also didn't work. I am able to log

in on my iPhone, but not my MacBook Pro. Are you able to help?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 9:45 AM

Hi everyone. I've managed to fix it. Looks like the issue arose immediately after a software update so I'm guessing there was a coding clash somewhere. I quit every application and programme and did a full re-boot and that appears to have fixed the problem. Big relief. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2019 9:45 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi everyone. I've managed to fix it. Looks like the issue arose immediately after a software update so I'm guessing there was a coding clash somewhere. I quit every application and programme and did a full re-boot and that appears to have fixed the problem. Big relief. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Mar 1, 2019 5:58 AM in response to mmcmah0n

If you have changed your password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

What happens when you try? Error message(s)?

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply        Pastebin

Not accepting my Apple ID password on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.