Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crash - unresponsive (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018))

When I try to run iTunes it doesn't start and remains unresponsive. It happened since just few days.

I tried to restart macbook, restart in safe mode. I tried to launch iTunes in safe mode, nothing helps.

I have updated OSX as well - it is Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109) right now.

I tried to install iTunes 12.8.2 - can't do it - I get message:

I can't install iTunes from new installation file cause I get weird message:

"This update needs macOS in version 10.13.99 or higher" (

I searched for help online but could't find anything reasonable...

I also tried to run iTunes through terminal - this is what I get:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MacBook-Pro-Marcin:~ karrde$ /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes ; exit;

objc[1140]: Class AMSBag_DeviceOffers is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x7fffa355c850) and /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes (0x10e78bd18). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

2019-03-01 15:18:27.698 iTunes[1140:56765] .sdef warning for attribute 'rawData' of class 'artwork' in suite 'iTunes Suite': 'raw data' is not a valid type name.

2019-03-01 15:18:28.478 info> Scale factor of main display = 2.0

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Is there anyone that can help without restoring OS?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2019 6:30 PM

That one is above my pay grade. At a guess there are two different libraries offering to service the same function, one of which is selected at random.

In the main account try holding down option as you launch iTunes to see if it will let you choose or create a library, then choose the library that you want to open.

tt2

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2019 6:30 PM in response to karrdepl

That one is above my pay grade. At a guess there are two different libraries offering to service the same function, one of which is selected at random.

In the main account try holding down option as you launch iTunes to see if it will let you choose or create a library, then choose the library that you want to open.

tt2

Mar 3, 2019 5:05 AM in response to karrdepl

If you've picked a .itl file in the Previous iTunes Libraries folder then you should close iTunes and move that file up into the iTunes folder and rename it to iTunes Library.itl, and option-start-iTunes once more so that you're using the standard layout for the library. See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community.

tt2

Mar 2, 2019 4:19 PM in response to karrdepl

Did you try rebooting the computer when iTunes wouldn't work? Did you try launching it in its safe mode? (Press and hold command and option as you launch iTunes.) Did you try rebooting the Mac into its safe mode? (Press and hold shift after you hear the startup chime.) Did you test behaviour in a different user profile? These are all things you might have tried before striping out iTunes.

tt2

Mar 2, 2019 5:32 PM in response to turingtest2

Did you try rebooting the computer when iTunes wouldn't work? Did you try launching it in its safe mode? (Press and hold command and option as you launch iTunes.) Did you try rebooting the Mac into its safe mode? (Press and hold shift after you hear the startup chime.) Did you test behaviour in a different user profile? These are all things you might have tried before striping out iTunes.

I did all except one - different user profile - so I did it now and iTunes works just fine...

And on my main account where iTunes doesn't launch this is what I get when I try to run it with Terminal:

Class AMSBag_DeviceOffers is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommerceKit.framework/Versions/A/CommerceKit (0x7fffa355c850) and /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/MacOS/iTunes (0x10e78bd18). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

I think it explains it but I don't get it...

iTunes crash - unresponsive (MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018))

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.