Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes quit unexpectedly

My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 9:30 PM

MOCATX Said:

"iTunes quit unexpectedly My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?"

-------

Seems iTunes has become corrupt somehow, perhaps by an installation, or a setting unrecollected. So, reinstall the macOS.

Reinstalling the macOS:

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 9:30 PM in response to MOCATX

MOCATX Said:

"iTunes quit unexpectedly My iMac is running Mojave and I just did the latest security update. Now I cannot launch iTunes. It "quits unexpectedly". Anyone else having this issue or have any advice?"

-------

Seems iTunes has become corrupt somehow, perhaps by an installation, or a setting unrecollected. So, reinstall the macOS.

Reinstalling the macOS:

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

iTunes quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.