Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making Titles in 9.6.1 on a Mac

I want to make titles for a slideshow with white text on a black background - but how ?

Hope you can help me.

Cassy

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 11:59 AM

6 replies

Mar 2, 2019 3:24 PM in response to casablanca24

In the slideshow mode click on the Settings button at the bottom of the window. Then you can allow the photos title, description or both be displayed on the slide:

If you want to make your own slide you can use any image editor that can add text to a background or use Pages. With Pages select and 8 x 10 page size in landscape, create a black background (or any color you'd like) and add text to it in any font and style. The print the page to a PDF file. Open the file in Preview and export as a jpeg. Import that jpeg to your library and add to the slideshow.

Mar 3, 2019 3:59 AM in response to casablanca24

Yes sorry. I thought you have been using using a saved slideshow project (with File > New Slideshow) all along. I never use the instant slideshows from an album. But you can open the slideshow settings even from an instant slideshow directly from an album, if you move the cursor into the playing slideshow to bring up the settings and then click the gears icon.

This will let you enable the titles as captions, if the theme permits it. And you can set this as a default.

Making Titles in 9.6.1 on a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.