Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where have all my windows gone? (Mac + Safari)

My Safari was running slow, so I quit it, and then I opened it. I got a blank window, when I had 4 windows and about 15 tabs opened. I suspect I can track them down one by one, but it would be nice to find a magic wand to get it all back at once. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 7:19 PM

Check Safari/Preferences/General to see if the first option is Safari opens with. If that is there, set it to All windows from last session.

If that isn't there, quit Safari. Go to System Preferences/General and uncheck Close windows when quitting an app. Reopen Safari, and check Safari/Preferences/General to see if the options have changed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2019 7:19 PM in response to Pjlblacksburg

Check Safari/Preferences/General to see if the first option is Safari opens with. If that is there, set it to All windows from last session.

If that isn't there, quit Safari. Go to System Preferences/General and uncheck Close windows when quitting an app. Reopen Safari, and check Safari/Preferences/General to see if the options have changed.

Where have all my windows gone? (Mac + Safari)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.