Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 16.0 ..no longer 'Reopen All Windows from Last Session'?

Since the recent upgrade to Safari 16.0, when I start up Safari in the morning and click on "Reopen All Windows from Last Session" from the previous day,, only TWO windows will show up,, not the 6 or 7 windows from the previous day.

this feature worked perfectly before the upgrade (so please don't suggest to "make sure your Macintosh computer is plugged in")

thank you, :D

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 6:27 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 24, 2022 7:39 AM in response to bluTaurus

I’m running Safari 16.0 on a M1 Mac Studio and Monterey 12.6 and the feature functions normally as it always has. I would suggest restarting your machine in Safe Mode (which disables any third party extensions, clears caches, performs maintenance routines, etc.) and see if the trouble clears. You might also create a new user account to see if the trouble follows that new account.

Restarting in Safe Mode depends on what Mac you are using. For an Intel Mac you hold down the Shift key while restarting. For an M1 Mac I believe you hold down the Power button after restarting.

The trouble you see is not expected behavior.

Safari 16.0 ..no longer 'Reopen All Windows from Last Session'?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.