Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BootCamp Crashed - Can’t find my hard drive

I’ve been running bootcamp off of my MacBook Air 13” for about 3 months so far with no problems. Tonight, I had shut my computer while booted in Windows 10 and when I opened it, rather than get the login screen, I got a message saying that an error had occurred and that it was going to restart my computer.

After it had restarted, the only startup disk showing up was my external hard drive that I use to store games. It didn’t have the option for Windows or Mac and when I remove the external drive it gives me a flashing folder with a question mark.

I tried using Disk Utility but the hard drive would not show up there either to repair. I tried resetting the VRAM and safe mode too but nothing seemed to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I really hope that the hard drive isn’t broken

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 1, 2019 10:57 PM

Similar questions

11 replies

BootCamp Crashed - Can’t find my hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.