Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phoenix Time Zone

I keep noticing that my time zone changes to Denver, even though I'm in Phoenix. I notice at least 7 years worth of posts of this being a problem. Most of Arizona does not use day light savings, so this messes up your entire calendar.

The only option is to set time zone manually or change each calendar entry individually. Who would think that Microsoft can fix this problem by using a time zone "Arizona Time Zone". Would expect Apple to find a solution.

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 10:24 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 4, 2019 1:01 PM in response to mmcross04

Hello mmcross04,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I can see from your message that you're wondering why your time zone changes to Denver while you're in Phoenix. Take a look at the information provided under "Check your settings," in this article: Get help with the date and time on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If you're using the Automatic setting you may see a change in the city, to accommodate for the change in time without daylight savings time. Without daylight savings time, Phoenix is sharing the same time as the Mountain time zone, which Denver is a part of. Whereas when daylight savings time is being observed Phoenix shares the same time as the Pacific time zone.

Have you tried setting the time manually by following the steps under, "If you still need help," in the article above?

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers!

Mar 4, 2019 1:33 PM in response to mmcross04

Hi mmcross04,

Thanks for getting back with us so quickly. When set to Automatic, the time will change when you travel. By showing "Denver" it's not indicating that you're located in Denver, but that your current time matches that of the time in Denver. This is true during Daylight Savings Time when the time in Phoenix matches at in the Mountain time zone. With Automatic time setting it selects a major city that matches your own. For instance if you were in Cleveland, OH, the Automatic setting would show New York for the Time Zone setting. Your device uses location settings to determine your location. You can open up Maps to see your current location. Maps can even help you find your parked car: How to find your parked car with Maps on your iPhone.

You had a question about what happens when you travel with the Date & Time set to manual. You're correct, you would indeed have to make the changes manually, or change to "Set Automatically" while traveling.

If you have any suggestions or changes you'd like to see to the Date & Time > Time Zone setting, Apple has an awesome website where you can leave feedback and let your voice be heard. Head over to the Feedback page here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Enjoy the day!

Mar 4, 2019 1:11 PM in response to Joseph_S.

With technology today and as smart as Apple is, this solution makes no sense. Why should I have to set my time to manual? I haven't been to Denver, so why does my time zone change to Denver?

My phone, computer and iPad are all in Phoenix; seems like my devices would be smart enough to know where I am at and set my time zone according. Seems like you could provide programming smart enough that would allow anyplace that doesn't use daylight savings time to maintain the correct time zone.

So I set my time to manual, then what happens when I travel; I have to manually set the time to the new time zone? That's very inefficient with today's computers!

Mar 10, 2019 7:08 AM in response to Joseph_S.

As was expected, since our phones defaulted to “Denver” time zone - instead of Phoenix/Arizona - our time changed last night when it shouldn’t have. On my Mac I can select Arizona time, but why is that not an automatic setting on my iPhone?

what is strange, is that now it will default to Phoenix, but last night before the time change it would only allow me to select Phoenix if set to manual.

Phoenix Time Zone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.