Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

time zone query

It seems that neither of the choice for time zones suits my needs.

If I have the NY override on, then everything goes to the NY time zone, even if I'm making a new appointment from overseas and want it to show the overseas time.

If I leave the override off, it shows everything in the local time, even if it's an event I want to set up for NY.

So, what I really need is a setting that will keep the time that I put in, not change it whether I'm in NY, France, London, Thailand or anywhere else. I want to know that the time is correct for wherever the event will take place - even if made from a different country.

How can I get the calendar to accommodate me?

Rochelle G.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 5:24 AM

Calendar allows you to “fix” the timezone “per appointment” to virtually any geographical location.

e.g. Setting an appointment for “1300 Tuesday 2023-06-20 in New Delhi will then display at the correct local time on YOUR device(s) regardless of your actual physical location.

This is - IMO - the best way to do it as the computer prevents you from having to perform the error-prone mental gymnastics needed to account for the IDL AND the non-uniformity of DST changes - at both locations - into account.

”Override” - as you’ve discovered - forces everything onto your default - presumably “home” - timezone.

The default behavior places the event in the time zone you’re “actually in” when scheduling the event.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 5:24 AM in response to BeginRo50

Calendar allows you to “fix” the timezone “per appointment” to virtually any geographical location.

e.g. Setting an appointment for “1300 Tuesday 2023-06-20 in New Delhi will then display at the correct local time on YOUR device(s) regardless of your actual physical location.

This is - IMO - the best way to do it as the computer prevents you from having to perform the error-prone mental gymnastics needed to account for the IDL AND the non-uniformity of DST changes - at both locations - into account.

”Override” - as you’ve discovered - forces everything onto your default - presumably “home” - timezone.

The default behavior places the event in the time zone you’re “actually in” when scheduling the event.

time zone query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.