Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Appointments in different time zones

I have an I-phone 14 pro. I’ve kept it utd as of 09/09/23. I travel frequently. Often while in one time zone I schedule something which will occur in a different time zone. I have found that calendar auto”corrects” the time I enter to the time that it would be were I still in the time zone where it was scheduled. The solution offered was to turn off the automatic time zone correction. That is, however, very convenient for other purposes. Switching back and forth would be cumbersome. How do you deal with this issue?

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 8:50 AM

There are two possibilities.

Scenario 1: Having a Video Conferencing

No matter where you create an event, everyone will see it in their own time zone. For example, you create a calendar event for 9 AM PDT. Clients in CDT will see the meeting time to be at 11 AM and Clients in India will join at 9:30 PM

Scenario 2: The organiser is travelling alone to CDT his team will remain in PDT.

The organiser needs to create the Calendar Event by changing and setting the Time Zone Manually to CDT and create the event. After the event is created and invitations are sent. The organiser's team will see the meeting time as 7 AM because they are in PDT. When you check your calendar it will show the event scheduled in for you as 9 AM. Because your device is set to CDT. If you set your Time zone to automatic now then it will show to you as the meeting scheduled at 7 AM.

In order for the organiser to reach CDT timely, he needs to set the Time Zone to Automatic.

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support. Use this only for Scenario 2 and not for Scenario 1.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 8:50 AM in response to MikeofAS

There are two possibilities.

Scenario 1: Having a Video Conferencing

No matter where you create an event, everyone will see it in their own time zone. For example, you create a calendar event for 9 AM PDT. Clients in CDT will see the meeting time to be at 11 AM and Clients in India will join at 9:30 PM

Scenario 2: The organiser is travelling alone to CDT his team will remain in PDT.

The organiser needs to create the Calendar Event by changing and setting the Time Zone Manually to CDT and create the event. After the event is created and invitations are sent. The organiser's team will see the meeting time as 7 AM because they are in PDT. When you check your calendar it will show the event scheduled in for you as 9 AM. Because your device is set to CDT. If you set your Time zone to automatic now then it will show to you as the meeting scheduled at 7 AM.

In order for the organiser to reach CDT timely, he needs to set the Time Zone to Automatic.

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support. Use this only for Scenario 2 and not for Scenario 1.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

Appointments in different time zones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.