Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time zone settings

I have Iphone se. I recently traveled to central time zone. I live in Eastern time zone. Now when ever I set an event on my calendar it reverts it to central time zone. I have gone in and manually reset both my calendar settings and phone settings, but still when I set an appointment in my calendar it sets it to cdt. How do I fix this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 8:06 AM

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support. Use this only for Scenario 2 and not for Scenario 1.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 8:06 AM in response to rosemarydawn

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support. Use this only for Scenario 2 and not for Scenario 1.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

time zone settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.