Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Zone Problem in iCal on iPhone

I recently moved from Pacific Time Zone to Mountain Time Zone, which is one hour ahead.

Although I have been able to reset my Mac desktop to take the proper time zone (Mountain) for new iCal event entries (etc.), my iPhone will not keep Mountain Time Zone iCal event start times even when I override the Pacific Time Zone default.

Strangely enough, my iPhone iCal WILL save event END times as Mountain Time Zone — just not the START times.

Au secour! Please help, I cry uncle.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 2:06 PM

Hello moiaussi,

Double check the Calendar settings for the time zone with these steps:

1. Go to the Settings app.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Calendar.
  3. Change the 'Time Zone Override' to Mountain Time Zone or Off.

When the time zone override is set up, it will override any event time zone added.

Let us know if this solves the issue or not. If not, which iOS version are you using on the iPhone? As that may change settings and instructions given in the future. Are you using the same Apple ID and iCloud account on these devices? As they should be using the same account for a seamless experience.

Hoping to hear how it goes, take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 2:06 PM in response to moiaussi

Hello moiaussi,

Double check the Calendar settings for the time zone with these steps:

1. Go to the Settings app.
  2. Scroll down and tap on Calendar.
  3. Change the 'Time Zone Override' to Mountain Time Zone or Off.

When the time zone override is set up, it will override any event time zone added.

Let us know if this solves the issue or not. If not, which iOS version are you using on the iPhone? As that may change settings and instructions given in the future. Are you using the same Apple ID and iCloud account on these devices? As they should be using the same account for a seamless experience.

Hoping to hear how it goes, take care.

Time Zone Problem in iCal on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.