Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record video from MacBook Pro with its associated audio using Quicktime without room 'noise'...

I need to record a video from the screen on my macbook pro and I am using Quicktime. If I want to record the screen with its associated audio, but do not want any room "noise" how can I do this?

Additionally, is there a way to have the audio from the video record without having to listen to it from the computer (e.g. can I mute it?). I tried it with selecting 'internal audio' and muting the computer but when it records with the computer muted it only records room 'noise'.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2019 8:06 PM

To use system audio in your recording, and not use the microphone, you may have to use different all-in-one software, or use and configure Soundflower (or similar) with QuickTime. In Mojave these audio tools may need access permission like a microphone (System Preferences﹥Privacy & Security﹥Privacy﹥Microphone﹥[✓recording app]).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2019 8:06 PM in response to Roserayne

To use system audio in your recording, and not use the microphone, you may have to use different all-in-one software, or use and configure Soundflower (or similar) with QuickTime. In Mojave these audio tools may need access permission like a microphone (System Preferences﹥Privacy & Security﹥Privacy﹥Microphone﹥[✓recording app]).

How to record video from MacBook Pro with its associated audio using Quicktime without room 'noise'...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.