Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change my ID

I just got a notice on my phone that someone had signed into my Apple account using my phone number and my ID. I need to change my ID or do you have another suggestion?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 11:33 AM

Are you sure the notice was legitimate? At a minimum, I would change your password just to be safe.

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 4, 2019 11:33 AM in response to la-roots1972

Are you sure the notice was legitimate? At a minimum, I would change your password just to be safe.

You might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Apple ID has been compromised

Apple ID Password Change

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Change my ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.