Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Apple ID showing unknown email address

I went to install updates on my laptop yesterday via the App Store and this came up:

I've redacted the email address that showed up, but essentially its an email address I have never seen nor do I know anyone by that name. My Apple ID / email address is completely different.

Is this serious cause for concern from a security perspective? The only people I've ever let use my laptop are 100% trusted immediate family so is this a sign that my computer may have been compromised with some sort of virus? I am obviously going to wipe the hard drive and change all key passwords but thought it worth posting about the issue anyway.

Someone else has posted on more or less the same issue as per below link but the post is too old now to continue the conversation.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5218063

Thanks to anyone who can help :-)

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 4, 2019 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 6:21 AM

If only your family has accessed your laptop, there probably isn't a security concern.

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 5, 2019 6:21 AM in response to sg6538

If only your family has accessed your laptop, there probably isn't a security concern.

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

App Store Apple ID showing unknown email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.