Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LTE Calls Turned Off: Verizon has turned off LTE calls on your account.

I have been getting the following alert on my iPhone 7 every day for the last few months:

LTE Calls Turned Off

Verizon has turned off LTE calls on your account

Once I click "OK" to remove the pop-up, my phone seems to work just fine. It seems to only happen when I don't have reception. I happen to live where there is no cell reception and rely on my WiFi for calls and texting. Because I am regularly without reception, I get this pop-up constantly. When I go for long periods at a time without using my phone, they will build up and and 1 will pop up right after the other. For example, when I wake up in the morning and unlock my phone for the first time in several hours, there will be 15 pop-ups queued on my phone that I have to click through before I can use it. How do I get this annoying pop-up to go away besides turning off my LTE calling?

I have read the forums on reddit and apple support, but still have yet to find an answer that has worked for me. I have also spent HOURS on the phone and in person with Verizon trying to fix this. I have also spoken to Apple a couple of times. Verizon has told me that LTE calls are not being deactivated and they don't know why this is happening to me. Through our discussions, I have done the following without any of them being successful:

• Rebooted phone (many times)
  • update to current iOS (I'm currently on 12.1.4)
  • reset phone 'Erased all contents and settings' (restored from iCloud)
  • tried a new sim card
  • swapped my phone for a different iPhone 7 and restored from iCloud backup
  • reset phone 'Erased all contents and settings' (Restored from iTunes this time. The woman thought that iTunes wouldn't bring over the bug that iCloud was bringing over)
  • deleted all apps on phone except for the default apple apps (Verizon thought that it could be a bug in one of my apps that is causing the issue)
  • reset phone 'Erased all contents and settings' (when the previous remedy didn't work, Verizon thought that the bug was still probably from an app but was already embedded in my phone which was why deleting them didn't help. So, when resetting my phone this time, I didn't restore from any backup. I set it up as a brand new phone without any additional apps...I still got the pop-up.)

I am extremely frustrated and don't know what else to do. Yes, my iPhone is technically working, but this is now beyond annoying when I have to click through multiple pop-ups each time I want to use my phone. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution to this without disabling my LTE every time I go into an area with no reception?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 5, 2019 8:14 PM

7 replies

Mar 21, 2019 11:48 AM in response to LD51

Thank you for your reply. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon. They have confirmed that this pop up has nothing to do with my plan and they are just as confused why it is popping up.

Then you need to call them back and escalate the call because this IS a Verizon issue. It is not a problem with your phone. There is nothing you can do to fix this. Verizon has to fix it on their end.

LTE Calls Turned Off: Verizon has turned off LTE calls on your account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.