Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to supplant/eliminate my old @mac id for the newer @icloud email?

I’ve recently retired and was hoping to leave my old email behind. I still get thousands of vendor/business and unsolicited emails that I would like not to weed through for the rest of my natural life :) Is it possible to simply use my existing @icloud account as my “main” Apple and iTunes ID to accomplish this?

I know I can simply use this account but I would like to delete the old account entirely rather than hide it? Casual conversations about this at the Apple store have indicated that I can never eliminate my @mac account unless I’m prepared to lose 25 years of music/movie/book purchases.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2019 7:41 AM

You can't remove/change @iCloud.com, @me.com or @mac.com aliases. You can set up a rule at iCloud.com/Mail to delete emails addressed to that address. Go to iCloud.com/Mail, click the gear at the bottom left, and select Rules. Sample below.

3 replies

Is there a way to supplant/eliminate my old @mac id for the newer @icloud email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.