Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac had been running slow and freezing

So I have and iMac, it was running slow and constantly freezing. I checked the space left on the memory and it was like half used and the RAM memory was also ok. So I took out some file to an external memory and erased everything and reinstalled the system. That also didn’t work because it wouldn’t load when it restarted. So I erased everything again and installed maverick since it’s what the computer came with. It worked and I could get in. But it is still slow, the apps take long periods of time to respond or don’t respond and it’s in general slow but a bit faster than before. Help please.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 7, 2019 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2019 9:19 AM

If your iMac has a hard drive, then use DriveDX to check the health of the drive.

You can also try running the Apple Diagnostics.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 7, 2019 6:08 AM in response to aldanadrp

Please post an EtreCheck report of your system and we can look for any obvious issues. Please click the link, watch the slideshow to learn how to use the tool and download and run the free version of the app and then post the complete report it produces as your reply to this message. 

When you have run the report and are ready to reply to this message please attach the report. You will see a screen shot below that indicates where to click in your reply message.

My iMac had been running slow and freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.