Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music doesn’t work on cellular data

My Apple Music doesn’t work on cellular data. Only with wifi. It says request timed out every time I try to stream a song

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 8:42 AM

There are two possibilities: 1) Music isn't authorized to use cellular data. To check, open Settings, click on Cellular, scroll down until you find Music and make sure it is turned on. If it is, toggle it off and back on. Can you stream now? 2) your signal may be too weak/slow to stream. I have a stretch of about a mile between the 2 campuses I work at when I cannot stream music. Kind of a pain

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2019 8:42 AM in response to kavneer

There are two possibilities: 1) Music isn't authorized to use cellular data. To check, open Settings, click on Cellular, scroll down until you find Music and make sure it is turned on. If it is, toggle it off and back on. Can you stream now? 2) your signal may be too weak/slow to stream. I have a stretch of about a mile between the 2 campuses I work at when I cannot stream music. Kind of a pain

Apple Music doesn’t work on cellular data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.