Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I purchased and used a refurbished iPhone from eBay - will Apple buy it in Trade-In when I want to buy a latest iPhone ?

If I purchased and used a refurbished iPhone from eBay - will Apple buy it in Trade-In when I want to buy a latest iPhone ?

For example - I have the iphone 7 which is manufacturer refurbished (manufacturer is Apple but it is being sold on eBay... so I dont know what is meant by manufacturer). Anyway - if I want to buy the iPhone XR or Xs - can i trade in this iphone for 250$ currently going on or is it that Apple will not trade in refurbished devices ?

Kindly reply. Thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 7:59 AM

According to the Apple GiveBack program,

"You can trade in Apple and third-party devices. Many Apple and third-party devices are eligible for a trade-in refund or an Apple Store Gift Card. And all Apple devices are eligible for recycling. Either way, hand us your used devices and we will handle them responsibly."

There is a FAQ at the bottom of the GiveBack page: Trade in with Apple GiveBack - Apple

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2019 7:59 AM in response to AGH-Chicago

According to the Apple GiveBack program,

"You can trade in Apple and third-party devices. Many Apple and third-party devices are eligible for a trade-in refund or an Apple Store Gift Card. And all Apple devices are eligible for recycling. Either way, hand us your used devices and we will handle them responsibly."

There is a FAQ at the bottom of the GiveBack page: Trade in with Apple GiveBack - Apple

Mar 8, 2019 8:09 AM in response to AGH-Chicago

The only source of Apple OEM refurbished products is through Apple itself, on their online refurbished store. Anyone else selling refurbished is either selling a used Apple refurb they purchased from Apple (is that what the seller is advertising?), or it is third party refurbished (e.g. Amazon refurbished iPhones are refurbished by Amazon or their contractor, not Apple) which may well void it from further consideration by Apple if internal parts were replaced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.