Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No hearing each other on actual phone calls - however speakers, texting, and everything else works

Good afternoon. I posted this on iPhone Hardware, but I think its is a software issue.

Long time iPhone user. New problem with my iPhone 7+ since last upgrade. I am uptodate with the latest iOS (12.1.4).

I call someone, the call connects, I cannot hear them they cannot hear me. Same issue if they call me. I answer, I cannot hear them they cannot hear me. The call is "active" - the seconds indicate that they are connected.

Everything else works on the phone - texting, sound, etc. Just that the phone is no longer a phone.

Now the interesting thing is that when I do a hard reset, it works for a while (I think just one call), the call works - I can hear and then other caller can hear me, then the problem reverts back that no one can hear what others are saying.

I tried to work with ATT - I even bought a new sim card ($5) through them. No luck. Same issue.

They stated it is likely due to the phone - so they told me to take it in to Apple.

Before I do that, thought I'd inquire here.

Anyone suggest anything? It is a very odd problem.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

7 replies

Mar 9, 2019 3:04 PM in response to AdamGordon

I understand completely. I was reinforcing that the support documents provided are for the problem you are reporting. Given the information you provided, no one would know what troubleshooting you have tried, except to reset and purchase a new SIM. At the bottom of each of those documents is the statement to contact Apple Support if the troubleshooting shown does not work. So, you need to contact Apple Support. You were told to take it to Apple, so make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store and have them look at it. They will explain your options from there.

No hearing each other on actual phone calls - however speakers, texting, and everything else works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.