Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepods won’t stay paired

I am at my witts end trying to pair and keep paired 2 Homepods. I get them paired eventually after going through the setup procedure several times and spending much time on the phone with Apple tech support. The longest I have been able to keep them paired is overnight - once. They simply refuse to stay paired. I even took one back to Best Buy for a replacement because I thought maybe it was the HomePod. Now, I truly think it is an app/software problem. During my efforts to pair them I have removed both as accessories, added them back again and basically tried every way to reset them. Two error messages I received during my last attempt are: 6753 and 71160. I will put a little more effort into this, but if it keeps happening I will simply have to return one of them and buy a competitors product for stereo streaming. Hate to do that because I love Apple products. Any advice? Apple HomePod technicians....please pay attention to this post as I suspect I am not the only one with this problem.

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 4:52 PM

Others have suggested to try using another app on your device which uses HomePod and see if it restores sync.

or the next tine you unpair them, try airplaying to them by selecting both (as opposed to stereo pairing) then re-pair them

you could also try moving them, not to another spot, but just lifting them up off the surface for a few seconds for them to recalibrate.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2019 4:52 PM in response to Markfromadvance

Others have suggested to try using another app on your device which uses HomePod and see if it restores sync.

or the next tine you unpair them, try airplaying to them by selecting both (as opposed to stereo pairing) then re-pair them

you could also try moving them, not to another spot, but just lifting them up off the surface for a few seconds for them to recalibrate.

Apr 28, 2019 1:44 AM in response to Vancouver22

That is totally NOT working for me. Same symptoms. Same problems. I can get them to work properly in tandem with AirPlay. But no matter how much in move a speaker around (even lifting it up and placing it back down) doesn’t fix anything. The speakers stay independent.

This is was never a problem before. What gives? Seriously, I dropped $600 on this. Why is this suddenly impossible to link?

May 3, 2019 12:32 PM in response to KHonnoll

Figured it out.

I removed both HomePods from “My Home”, then chose REMOVE HOME from the “My Home” section of the home app (all the way at the bottom). From there I reset both HomePods and started over. Voila.

Problem could’ve been caused by the fact I moved to another location and began using a new WiFi as well.

Doing GREAT now!

Homepods won’t stay paired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.