Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adjust the number of rings?

I'm on the phone with cell phone carrier to adjust the number of rings.....She is unaware of this? I currently have a 6S but on my original iPhone my 5 - in the phone settings there was an option to adjust the number of ring 3: 5: or 10! I want to know just for me - is the carrier disabling the feature? or did it go away? Plus I buy my phone from the Apple store not thru the carrier. Also disabled, is the feature to give back a text message when it rings: Sorry I can't take your call, Can I call you later, etc. My carrier is Verizon. I do not have Caller ID Blocking.....and don't know what else is missing. Any help greatly appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 1:49 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2019 3:09 PM in response to darlenefrompittsburgh

Check out the following article. (Scroll down to the section "For Verizon Users"). It's not the number of rings, rather the length of time before the call goes to voicemail, which is controlled by your carrier.

https://toolbox.iskysoft.com/iphone-recovery/iphone-rings-before-voicemail.html#part1

https://www.pcmag.com/feature/362262/how-to-use-iphone-auto-answer

As to text message being sent when a call comes in:

How to Set Custom Reply to Respond Incoming Calls on iPhone

1. Step #1. Launch Settings app → Tap on Phone app.
  2. Step #2. Now select and tap on “Respond with Text” option.
  3. Step #3. Tap on each option and customize the text.

Mar 9, 2019 3:16 PM in response to darlenefrompittsburgh

There never has been a setting in iOS to control the number of rings before a call goes to voicemail. Besides, as seanachai51 has correctly stated, sending a call to voicemail is up to the carrier's settings, and those are not controlled by the number of rings, but call time. Some carriers have the ability to adjust it, however slightly, but not all do. Even if it is adjusted to their maximum, it is only a couple of seconds longer than it may be now. The average is around 30 seconds, which includes the setup time. Average rings is around 4.

adjust the number of rings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.