Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Services Unavailable?

When I try to set up Apple Pay, something I had done on a previous IPhone, I receive an error that Apple Pay service are currently unavailable. Can someone please assist? There is money on my Apple Pay account that I cannot access.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 9, 2019 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 7:06 AM

Greetings CA0001,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone as expected.

The following guide provides troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with adding cards to Wallet for use with Apple Pay: Get help adding cards to Wallet. Within the guide, you'll see how to verify that you're in a supported country or region for Apple Pay, eligible devices that are able to use Apple Pay, checking the System Status page, and more.

If additional assistance is needed, it would be helpful to know more details on the steps you're taking to set up Apple Pay when you receive the error message.

Kind regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2019 7:06 AM in response to CA0001

Greetings CA0001,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone as expected.

The following guide provides troubleshooting suggestions for when help is needed with adding cards to Wallet for use with Apple Pay: Get help adding cards to Wallet. Within the guide, you'll see how to verify that you're in a supported country or region for Apple Pay, eligible devices that are able to use Apple Pay, checking the System Status page, and more.

If additional assistance is needed, it would be helpful to know more details on the steps you're taking to set up Apple Pay when you receive the error message.

Kind regards.

Mar 30, 2019 6:48 PM in response to CA0001

I’m experiencing this also. No one at Apple wants to help or even acknowledge the issue. I opened a support case two weeks ago and they ran a diagnostic but I haven’t heard back from an engineer since. Zero updates and no timeline for a fix. And I have cash in my account that’s effectively frozen there. Apple is completely dropping the ball.

Apple Pay Services Unavailable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.