Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2-factor authentication using code sent to android phone

It appears that apple doesn't support this unless you are authenticated to apple on your android phone. This seems like a chicken egg situation or am I missing something. I don't always have my ipad handy when I'm working on my apple computer. But I do have my android phone handy. Is it asking too much for Apple to simply send a text message to my android phone with the 2-factor code?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 1:25 PM

Have you tried this?

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. Consider verifying an additional trusted phone number other than your own phone number. If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account.

You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click  next to the phone number you want to remove.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2019 1:25 PM in response to pattyo505

Have you tried this?

Keep your trusted phone numbers up to date

To use two-factor authentication, you need at least one trusted phone number on file where you can receive verification codes. Consider verifying an additional trusted phone number other than your own phone number. If your iPhone is your only trusted device and it is missing or damaged, you will be unable to receive verification codes required to access your account.

You can update your trusted phone numbers when you follow these steps:

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click  next to the phone number you want to remove.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication

2-factor authentication using code sent to android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.