Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it keep asking me to update my billing information even though my payment method is set to none?

When ever I try to download an app it requires verification and for me to type in my Apple ID password. It then asks me to fix the payment method when there nothing wrong with it. When I had a prepaid card connected to the account, it kept saying the card declined when there was still funds on it and I was not purchasing anything. Then I retyped in the card information it say that I-Tunes cant process the purchase and to try again later. Now I've set my payment method to NONE and it still keeps asking for verification and it brings me to the payment method page. When I click Done without doing anything since my payment method is NONE it brings me back to same Verification Required screen. My date and time is correct. I've tried restarting the phone. I've tried signing in and out of the Appstore but nothing works. This verification screen pops up anytime I try to download something off the Appstore, including free games and when I try to update my apps.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 5:20 PM

contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

Similar questions

1 reply

Why does it keep asking me to update my billing information even though my payment method is set to none?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.