Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apps

This problem is twofold. The other day I was attempting to make a in app purchase. It wouldn’t go through. I believe the message said unable to complete transaction please sign in with your Apple ID and update your billing information. I enter my password on the prompt screen it said verification failed. I tried one more time I thought I entered an extra letter same thing. I was able to sign in by clicking on my Apple ID. I removed my card information and then I re entered my information I thought it correct the problem it didn’t. I decided to click the option of having no method of payment I don’t think I’ll be making any in app purchases in the near future. Every since I had this problem I started having a second problem. I have an app that needs to be updated so I click on the app that needs to be updated it starts the process but one minute into the update I get this message “Tap continue and sign into view billing information “. I enter my password and it says verification failed. I never had this problem before. My questions are why is this happening? How can I fix this problem? Any and all solutions advice and help is greatly appreciated.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2019 2:37 PM

If you have a pending transaction, it will continue to be pending until the issue is resolved. This causes other services like app updating to not work as they are waiting for the issue to be resolved.

The only way to fix this, is to add a payment method that can be charged to complete the pending in-app purchase.

Once the purchase can be completed you should be able to set the Payment method to none.

See here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If your payment method continues to be declined, you may need to contact your bank, or credit card issuer and verify they are not blocking the charge.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2019 2:37 PM in response to Needhelp445

If you have a pending transaction, it will continue to be pending until the issue is resolved. This causes other services like app updating to not work as they are waiting for the issue to be resolved.

The only way to fix this, is to add a payment method that can be charged to complete the pending in-app purchase.

Once the purchase can be completed you should be able to set the Payment method to none.

See here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If your payment method continues to be declined, you may need to contact your bank, or credit card issuer and verify they are not blocking the charge.

Updating Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.