You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear All Notifications button missing on iPad Pro using iOS 12.1.4

I have a 2018 iPad Pro, running iOS 12.1.4. Whenever I pick it up to use, I see a list of notifications (as expected). I often only need to see a few of them because I have already read most on my phone. After reading the relevant notifications I still have quite a few that I need to manually clear. But most of the times I can’t find the Notification Center and Clear All button that Apple shows in their “How to navigate iPad Pro with gestures” video (see minute 2:35).

Image reference (see circled text and clear option below):

Because my iPad almost never shows the circled option above, I have to individually clear notifications for all apps every time.

If I reboot my iPad without clearing the notifications first, it does show up after unlocking the device. But once I use the buttton to clear the notifications, it will not show up again unless I reboot it again. I would expect to see the “Notification Center “ text ant “Clear All” button every time I open the Notification Center and there are notifications from more than one app. But this is never the case for me unless I reboot the iPad.

Any suggestions on what could be wrong or how to possibly solve this issue? Maybe I overlooked an option that I could configure or am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 10, 2019 7:13 PM in response to sberman

Hi sberman,

No, this happens even when the device is unlocked. There are two ways I validate the device is unlocked:

1. By looking at the unlocked padlock (as you suggested) and...
  2. ... By looking at the notifications content. I have it configured to only show notifications content only when unlocked. Otherwise it only shows notification headers.

Please let me know if you have any more pointers.

Thanks!

Clear All Notifications button missing on iPad Pro using iOS 12.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.