Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conditional highlighting not working for “days from now” in numbers

I have OSX 10.14.3 and Numbers 5.3.

I have been working in Numbers using conditional highlighting to apply a colored fill to cells in date format. But whenever I add a rule and select the rule as "Date" then "Before..." or "Exactly...", then"4", "days from now" (any numbers, doesn't have to be 4), then click "Done" at the upper right conner:

then if I check this rule by clicking "Show Highlighting Rules", I find it automatically changes to "4 days ago" like this:

Is this a bug? Can anyone help me to fix it, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 2:49 PM

9 replies

Mar 12, 2019 4:40 AM in response to Yellowbox

From my testing. it does not affect how it works. I works the same as it was constructed but when you go to view it it tells it to you wrong.

Something else weird I noticed just now, not sure why I didn't notice it yesterday, is if I choose the rule "is before the date", I get "is before" and if I choose the rule "is before" I get "is before the date"

Mar 13, 2019 4:53 AM in response to Yellowbox

It is a little confusing, with similar sounding rules that have different sub-rules to choose from and it is made worse by the rules being swapped; you choose one and get another. "Date is before" is swapped with "date is before the date", "date is after" is swapped with "date is after the date", and "date is exactly" is swapped with "is the date".

Conditional highlighting not working for “days from now” in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.