Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my projects, as well as every clip in my events have lost its color pop

The color grading is off...where there should be rich color, it's just that color but whited out a bit. The thumbnails look completely fine, but when I click on them and play them, they have that issue.

All of the movies were fine the other day, but I did finally upgrade the imac to High Sierra (not sure if that could be the issue). What can I do to fix this? I have already rebooted the computer, and I've re-uploaded all the clips into imovie. Once they get into imovie is when they're having the issue.

TIA

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 11, 2019 6:34 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Mar 12, 2019 8:10 AM in response to downhomediscgolf

Unfortunately, iMovie 9.0.9 is not fully compatible with operating systems after El Capitan. Faded clips is one issue that has been reported. There really is no fix other than to revert back to an earlier operating system, or use an older back up computer that is running an older operating system, or by creating a boot disc for an earlier operating system. You can, however, update your iMovie 9 Projects and Events into the newer version iMovie 10, and edit them there. iMovie 10 has a very different structure and user interface than iMovie 9, so there will be a bit of a learning curve.

I have never tried reversing an upgrade of an OS. You can take a look at this this thread to see if there is anything in there that helps you:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7865216

-- Rich

All my projects, as well as every clip in my events have lost its color pop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.