Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd behavior in titles

All of a sudden, my titles are acting strangely. For some reason, everything in my timeline got darker. As I go to color board to make the titles white again, the underlying video changes too. If I select the video and adjust it, then everything is OK

Why would adjusting a title affect the video that it's on top of?

FCP 10.6.1x, Mac Pro 2013 running OS 12.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 3:52 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 18, 2022 4:20 PM in response to triglyph

Whenever FCP begins acting strangely an easy thing to try is resetting the preferences. Hold option and command while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. It will open the default Untitled library. Re-open the library you were working on, set the preferences back to the way you like them (disable background rendering, reset Import to Leave Files in Place, etc.) and see if the issue has been resolved.

If the problem persists, provide answers to Tom's questions and also post some screenshots.

Odd behavior in titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.