Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPx preview window blown out

I have FCPx in MBP 2018

The problem is the preview window does not match the video at all. Whether LUTS are activated or nothing is checked at all in the inspector. The video looks fine in iMovie but in FCPx it's awful. The best thing is to show:

Now here is what the exported video actually looks like:

I know this is a little flat but I haven't applied any corrections. As you can see the preview is not anywhere close to what it really is. I have to keep exporting it until I get the colors what I want since the Preview is completely blown out. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2019 6:54 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 9, 2019 3:50 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

the video is 4k 30p h.265 10bit from the Mavic 2 Pro

I have tried both in wide gamut HDR and standard and it makes no difference:

I have also tried combinations of this as Apple shows:

Now in this case you'll see the video looks right but that is only for the video in the library clips window. Once it goes into the timeline it's all blown out in the preview.

I'm beginning to think this is a bug of some sort.

May 9, 2019 7:52 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

That was it. I had changed the other two places but didn't see this one.

I didn't see this setting before and never ran into it before. I assumed incorrectly that changing the view in the preferences adjusted it for everything, but I understand why not when there are difference sources and output.

Here is the clip info:

I had searched for the preview issue but never found an answer. Hopefully your answer will help others.

FCPx preview window blown out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.