Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4444 transparent background not working in iMovie on Mac Studio

My Apple 4444 files with transparent backgrounds made in Keynote are not working in iMovie on my Mac Studio. Instead of being transparent the backgrounds are black. The same exact files do work properly on my Late 2018 iMac running Big Sur. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix?

Mac Studio

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 1:58 PM

Hello Woebgon,

Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help with your Keynote file and how it appears in iMovie. We're glad to know the file appears correctly when opening the file on your iMac with macOS Big Sur installed. To confirm, if you were to open the file in Keynote on your Mac Studio, does the file appear correctly? If so, have you verified you're running the latest macOS version? If not, you can update macOS by clicking the Apple logo towards the top-left, followed by System Preferences > Software Update > Upgrade Now. These steps can also be found in the following article.

Update macOS on Mac

To update applications, you'll want to open the App Store, click Updates, followed by Update next to the application. You can also find this information in the "How to manually update apps on your Mac" section of the following article.

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Let us know how that goes!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Woebgon

Hello Woebgon,

Apple Support Communities is a fantastic place for help with your Keynote file and how it appears in iMovie. We're glad to know the file appears correctly when opening the file on your iMac with macOS Big Sur installed. To confirm, if you were to open the file in Keynote on your Mac Studio, does the file appear correctly? If so, have you verified you're running the latest macOS version? If not, you can update macOS by clicking the Apple logo towards the top-left, followed by System Preferences > Software Update > Upgrade Now. These steps can also be found in the following article.

Update macOS on Mac

To update applications, you'll want to open the App Store, click Updates, followed by Update next to the application. You can also find this information in the "How to manually update apps on your Mac" section of the following article.

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Let us know how that goes!

Apr 12, 2022 3:31 PM in response to Todd0213

Hello Todd,

Very interesting! I just set up my Mac Studio last Wednesday when it came including the updates. The version of iMovie on the computer was 12.3.1. Today, after taking your advise I checked the App Store. It told me to update iMovie but the version number was 10.3.2. Even though I thought the discrepancy in it being a lower number I upgraded as you suggested. The Apple 4444 files are now working correctly with transparent backgrounds.

While I certainly can’t explain what happened the fact that it worked is fantastic. Thank you very much for your quick answer to my problem.

BTW - I’m not at all new to all this. The first computer I used in my classroom was a Radio Shack computer that stored programs on a cassette recorder. That was before the TRS 80 which I also used at work and the first one I bought for home was an Apple //c. My first Mac was the SE. It’s amazing how far things have come.

Thanks for solving my problem.

Apple 4444 transparent background not working in iMovie on Mac Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.