Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Service issue on iPhone 6 plus after updating to iOS 12.1.4

A few days after I updated my iPhone 6 plus to iOS 12.1.4, it started showing a '! No Service' on top left. All cellular functionalities were broken by it - unable to make phone calls or send/receive text.

I took it to the Apple Store where they tried to reset my phone via restore mode. But the restoration resulted in a worse state that got the phone stuck in a "Unable to Activate" mode. At that point, they gave me only one option - pay $330 to get a replacement device! They acknowledged that the issue was caused by the iOS 12 upgrade but still they won't take responsibility to fix it.

I found out that Apple has a program to fix the same issue for iPhone 7 (https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/ ) - but not for iPhone 6 plus!! This does not make any sense. It's time to take responsibility!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 2:00 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Mar 12, 2019 3:30 PM in response to askbarnabas

Oops, as soon as I clicked on the topic, the original post came up & it jumped right out at me! Pretty red faced at the moment.

Thanks for the correction, welafever!

Although, I wouldn't give up so easily, have had experiences (both myself & my son) at the Apple Store where they relented on their original position, after going back for a second time & being a little more persistent. Even if it 'only' results in a discount in the charge for a replacement!

Mar 16, 2019 9:48 PM in response to sampatb

Today, I took it to the Apple Store again. Got same response - cannot be fixed, get replacement for $330. When I mentioned about the iPhone-7 fix program, they said that the issue on iPhone 7 is a known issue, on iPhone 6 it is not 'verified to be caused by the iOS 12 update'.

I told them that many more users on Apple forum have reported the same problem, they said - 'we're Sorry for the trouble'.

No Service issue on iPhone 6 plus after updating to iOS 12.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.