Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay 2 sync issues

I’m having issues with Airplay 2 staying in sync between 2 (or more) speakers. There is a lag that varies between 0 and 1 second which is very annoying since there are places where one could hear both speakers at the same time.

I’m AirPlaying from an iPhone8 and to a Sonos Play 5 and a Denon AVRX-4400H AV Receiver. The sources include the Spotify app and the Deezer app. I haven’t tested it extensively using Apple Music.

All devices are on the same 2.4 ghz network (I used 2.4 because I don’t think Sonos can go to 5.8 - I’ve also tried it with the Denon on the 5.8 and the Sonos on the 2.4).

Also somewhat frustrating and perhaps telling the Apple doesn’t have a support topic for Airplay or Airplay 2 (that I could find).

Ang ideas?

Anh ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 6:47 AM

SomeGuy917,

The following article has some helpful steps which may help:

If you can't use AirPlay or mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

"If your content gets interrupted or your network lags

If you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a nearby device, like a microwave or baby monitor, try the following:

Your AirPlay connection might get interrupted when you lock your device, put it to sleep, or switch to a different app. 

If you still can’t use AirPlay after trying these steps, contact Apple Support."

Take Care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 6:47 AM in response to SomeGuy917

SomeGuy917,

The following article has some helpful steps which may help:

If you can't use AirPlay or mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

"If your content gets interrupted or your network lags

If you have a weak Wi-Fi signal or interference from a nearby device, like a microwave or baby monitor, try the following:

Your AirPlay connection might get interrupted when you lock your device, put it to sleep, or switch to a different app. 

If you still can’t use AirPlay after trying these steps, contact Apple Support."

Take Care.

Mar 13, 2019 8:44 AM in response to SomeGuy917

Hello SomeGuy917,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have a delay when using AirPlay 2 and your iPhone 8 with 3rd party speakers. Make sure that you have devices that meet the system requirements for using AirPlay 2 as described in the article below:

AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

If all of the devices you are using meet these requirements and the issue persists, please let us know so we can further assist you.

Best Regards.

Airplay 2 sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.