Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of the blue, AirPlay not longer working with Sonos.

Two hours ago I was happily listening to a podcast via Apple app and then, out of the blue, AirPlay is not connecting anymore. I can only play through the Sonos app. It seems to be an issue since the latest update iOS16.1.2

I use an iPhone 13 mini and an iPad. I have restarted all my devices, deleted and reinstalled the Sonos app, nothing helps. The recent update really stuffed things up. It’s definitely not my device as all iOS devices in the household (three iPhones, two iPads, two MB Air) have stopped working through AirPlay. It’s Apple. Or Sonos. Or both.

Though I very much doubt it’ll work, I am now considering a hard reset of the speaker (Ikea Symfonisk Picture Frame) but before I do so, are there any other tricks I could try?

I don’t want to use the Sonos app for my music. I pay Apple. And I want to be able to see the lyrics of songs. Not possible with Sono. Very disappointing.

On a Sonos forum it was suggested to switch the off the ‘Private WiFi Address’ but, unfortunately, it did not do the trick for me.

Suggestions on how to fix this very welcome!

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 4:59 PM

Chiming in as well. Whatever the update that Sonos made a couple months ago has drastically effecting how well it works with Music app. Incredibly frustrating....

8 replies

Dec 19, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Morcor

Hi,

Reinstalling the app didn’t help here either. As mentioned above, unplugging and switching off both the router and Sonos speaker, waiting a couple of minutes and start again fixed it for all in the household (my husband and son also couldn’t play music anymore with iPhone). Haven’t had any issues since. If all else fails, start the chat on the Sonos website. It will tell you there is no agent available but that’s not entirely true. If the bot can’t help you, you will be transferred to an agent. Or at least, that was my experience. It’ll take a bit of your time but in my case it was time well spent.

Mar 24, 2023 5:32 PM in response to Eos2022

sonus sucks!!! that's why it doesn't work!! I got three sonus speakers as a gift and i hate them!! i want to take a hammer to them!! i found a bluetooth speaker on the street one morning when i was taking a walk and it works better than this sonus junk!! what a great company strategy....make sure it doesn't work with the most popular mobile device in the world - that will work for sure.

Out of the blue, AirPlay not longer working with Sonos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.