Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound not recording in Garageband??

I'm using :

macOS Mojave

version 10.14.3

Late 2015 model

Garageband version 10.1.5

Sound recording works just fine through Audacity

Version 2.1.2

I am trying both with the built-in microphone.

When I go to garage band and arm a track to record, no sound ever comes through...

screenshots of settings are down below. This has worked in the past and I haven't changed any settings so I don't know what's going on.

Help please!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 12:17 PM

When I go to garage band and arm a track to record, no sound ever comes through...

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your device.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to use audio input devices:

BTW: you are using a very old version of GB, at least 3 updates have been released since yours, the current revision is 10.3.2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2019 12:17 PM in response to tehawesomedane

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your device.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to use audio input devices:

BTW: you are using a very old version of GB, at least 3 updates have been released since yours, the current revision is 10.3.2

Sound not recording in Garageband??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.