Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on my iPhone 8 Plus

I recently purchased my first iPhone (8 plus). After setting up, I realized that my ringtone and alerts, there’s no sound, yet my phone settings is on the highest volume. Any way to rectify this issue? I did a reset and that didn’t do anything.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Mar 12, 2019 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 3:47 PM

Hi srhlchn,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I saw your post about the sound on your iPhone, and I'm glad to help out.

Do you hear any audio from other apps, like Safari or Music? If you do, but you're not hearing alerts and similar audio, it's possible your device is in silent mode. To check, look for the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your device; if you see orange there, switch it to put your iPhone back into Ring mode: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Also, do you have any headphones or Bluetooth audio accessories connected to your device? If so, try disconnecting them to see if this makes a difference. You can disconnect any Bluetooth accessories by tapping Settings > Bluetooth. Then, tap the "i" icon next to the device name and tap "Forget this device" and test it out: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2019 3:47 PM in response to srhlchn

Hi srhlchn,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I saw your post about the sound on your iPhone, and I'm glad to help out.

Do you hear any audio from other apps, like Safari or Music? If you do, but you're not hearing alerts and similar audio, it's possible your device is in silent mode. To check, look for the Ring/Silent switch on the side of your device; if you see orange there, switch it to put your iPhone back into Ring mode: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Also, do you have any headphones or Bluetooth audio accessories connected to your device? If so, try disconnecting them to see if this makes a difference. You can disconnect any Bluetooth accessories by tapping Settings > Bluetooth. Then, tap the "i" icon next to the device name and tap "Forget this device" and test it out: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps get you started.

Kind regards.

No sound on my iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.