Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Home Sharing no items under Album

Hi,

I have iTunes home sharing up and running between a Mac Pro and a Mac Mini. They are both setup using the same account id and home sharing used to work. But now I'm having problems.

When I look at the Mac Mini library from the Mac Pro, I see all my albums and their artworks. The track titles are listed on the right hand side of the window.

But all the real CDs (note - not downloads from the iTunes store) that I recently imported onto the Mac Mini have no tracks listed. Underneath the album artwork it says 'No items'.

A further symptom is that if I click on the play icon on an album artwork then it will play. But if I click on the play icon for an individual track then whatever track was playing stops but the new track does not start.

Needless to say, everything is working Ok on the Mac Mini. The problems only show up when I try to run the Mac Mini library using home share from the Mac Pro.

Any ideas?

Posted on Mar 13, 2019 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2019 12:49 AM

Hi, I went through the suggested document. But that's not really the problem. The two devices are clearly talking to each other, its just not working properly.

I tried adding a 3rd Mac in. By trying all the combinations I have worked out that at it is the library on the Mac Pro that is corrupted. I made a new library on the Mac Pro and copied everything across from the Mac Mini using Home Shred's. It all works OK now.

So the problem was a corrupted library on the Mac Pro.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2019 12:49 AM in response to askbarnabas

Hi, I went through the suggested document. But that's not really the problem. The two devices are clearly talking to each other, its just not working properly.

I tried adding a 3rd Mac in. By trying all the combinations I have worked out that at it is the library on the Mac Pro that is corrupted. I made a new library on the Mac Pro and copied everything across from the Mac Mini using Home Shred's. It all works OK now.

So the problem was a corrupted library on the Mac Pro.

iTunes Home Sharing no items under Album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.