Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s update

IPhone 5s up dates 

I am new to iPhone

My I phone 5s has not had an update in 2 years, and I am now doing a update and it is taking a long time as in, 24 hours now and it is still downloading.

Should I let it continue downloading and for how long before trying these other suggestions?

The info. on this site says if it takes a "extended" amount of time to to download to then try other things step 1, 2, and 3.

My question is what does extended amount of time really mean???

2 days 3 days???

We have reset the phone

deleted some apps

restarted the download once, almost day ago

Thank you

iPhone 5s

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 10:02 AM

The update should not take more than 1 day at the very most, in fact should not take more than a few hours if you have a slow connection and lots of data. That is why I like an iTunes connection. I don’t have to worry about my WiFi speeds. I don’t think it would hurt to try an iTunes connection.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 10:02 AM in response to AdlerDadler

The update should not take more than 1 day at the very most, in fact should not take more than a few hours if you have a slow connection and lots of data. That is why I like an iTunes connection. I don’t have to worry about my WiFi speeds. I don’t think it would hurt to try an iTunes connection.

Mar 14, 2019 9:56 AM in response to kb1951

I understand my question may have been a bit confusing. Allow me to rephrase the question.

Should I bother connecting the phone to iTunes to get the download faster, or is the time required for the update negligible? I won't bother connecting it to iTunes if the download means a few hours or a day, but I will want to connect it to iTunes if the download means a few days.

iphone 5s update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.