Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add *new* widgets that are not there already?

I'm a news freak and have subscriptions to various news agencies. The widgets on my new iPhone 8 only include a couple of my news apps. Why not all of them? Is there a way of adding a widget that is not already shown? So I have the app, but don't understand why the widget is not appearing in the widget list.

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 10:08 AM

You can only add a widget if the app has support for it. On your widgets screen, tap the "Edit" button, there you will see the app widgets from apps that have widget functionality. If there is no widget displayed for a certain app, then the app doesn't support it. You could try to contact the app developer and ask for a widget.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2019 10:08 AM in response to Faringdon

You can only add a widget if the app has support for it. On your widgets screen, tap the "Edit" button, there you will see the app widgets from apps that have widget functionality. If there is no widget displayed for a certain app, then the app doesn't support it. You could try to contact the app developer and ask for a widget.

How do I add *new* widgets that are not there already?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.