Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime audio vs voice call

Good evening,

i just recently switched from android to iPhone. One thing I have trouble with is that my phone calls go automatically to FaceTime audio instead of voice call when using IMessage. I read that once I tap “audio” it should give me an option to make a voice call or audio call but that does not even pop up. How to I make voice call default?

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2019 7:03 PM

Within imessage simply long press the 'Audio' icon and you will be prompted to select either a Voice Call or a Facetime Call.

I think if you are pressing the Audio icon for the very first time for a given contact then you are automatically prompted with the choice. The iPhone then remembers that selection as the default. To get the choice of Voice or Facetime call again, the long press on the Audio button is required.

Hope this helps.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2019 7:03 PM in response to ManRay08

Within imessage simply long press the 'Audio' icon and you will be prompted to select either a Voice Call or a Facetime Call.

I think if you are pressing the Audio icon for the very first time for a given contact then you are automatically prompted with the choice. The iPhone then remembers that selection as the default. To get the choice of Voice or Facetime call again, the long press on the Audio button is required.

Hope this helps.

facetime audio vs voice call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.